THE VR CONCEPT IS AT BEER ON THE COMMON
BEER | FOOD | MUSIC | FAMILY FRIENDLY ENTERTAINMENT
This year “BEER ON THE COMMON” (previously Beer by the River) returns to Tooting Bec Common, but this time it's got Virtual Reality!
BOOK NOW TO SAVE 50% ON THE FESTIVAL TICKET
Virtual Reality has arrived – come and try the future with the world’s most advanced VR entertainment system. The games allow you to play with your friends in the same world.
Rated 5 stars across the board, The VR Concept is coming to Beer on the Common for a 1-day special.
The £10 ticket gets you one game of VR + entry into the festival (which would be £21 combined price on the door!)
Entry to the festival is free for under 18s, so they will only need the £5 advance ticket (£6 on the door).
The VR will get busy later in the day, so when you arrive at the festival, make your way over to the VR to book your slot. YOU MUST BOOK A SLOT TO PLAY - if you don't we can't guarantee you'll get a turn.
AUDIOSHIELD [ALL AGES 6+] [1 PLAYER]
Block the beats! AudioShield puts you at the point of impact for every hit in your songs. Block incoming orbs with your shields and feel the music. Compete with your friends for the top score of the day.
XORTEX [ALL AGES 6+] [1 PLAYER]
Relive the golden era of gaming -- only this time, it's all around you. Awesome retro fun blasting enemies from your flying drone ship.
BOMBU! [ALL AGES 6+] [2 PLAYERS]
Bomb U! is a Player Vs Player action game. Look and walk around your platform and pick up bombs. Throw them to destroy enemy's ground and win the game. If you come in a group we can organize a mini-tournament to find who is the most-skilled bomber.
THE BROOKHAVEN EXPERIMENT [18+] [1 PLAYER]
Zombies! Trapped in a storm drain with only a flashlight and a pistol, how long can you survive the zombie onslaught? The classic VR experience is terrifying and exciting – you’ve never tried anything like it.
CAN I WEAR GLASSES?
– Yes, glasses are no problem. The headset is focused around 2m distance, so if you can see that without glasses you won’t even need them in VR.
WHAT ARE THE AGE RESTRICTIONS?
– children under 6 are not allowed because their heads are too small for the headset and their hands are too small for controllers. Some games are only suitable for 13+ or 18+ due to the content. Please see game list for details. We have lots of fun experiences to suit everyone though.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
– Most clothing is fine. High heels might be a problem for more active games.
I’M RUBBISH AT VIDEO GAMES – WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO HAVE FUN?
– Absolutely. We’ve carefully selected games for all abilities. VR is much easier than normal video games to pick up since you mainly just move your arms around – if you can pick up a cup of tea in the real world you’ll be fine.
CAN I BUY A TICKET WHEN I GET THERE?
– Yes, tickets are £6 each per turn and we accept mobile, card and cash payments.
Do I have to buy entry to Beer on The Common too? – Yes, you need entry to the festival to play VR. That said, our combo ticket is great value and gives you both.
CUSTOMER REVIEWS FOR THE VR CONCEPT
“Amazing 2 player. I'll be going again soon.” – Lucy, London
“Great experience, nice, friendly and helpful staff will definitely come back again :)” – Kalina, London
“Fantastic fun! Throw sticks for robotic dogs, fire arrows at people storming your castle and scare yourself to death fighting zombies all in one eve?! Lovely friendly welcome. Will be back!” – Celia, London
“The virtual reality was amazing, most beautiful thing ever. And the zombies are super scary. I recommend it to anyone” – Toby, London
“This is the most fun date night ever! If you've never done VR you will be in for a huge treat. The instructor was super patient and made you feel at ease. We'll definitely be coming back ASAP, can't recommend enough!” – Claudia, London